• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Breaking News]: Octopuses get erections

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
Steve O'Shea said:
... not Kat here (she's gone)

As in "She's a goner"? Have you pre-emptively struck her, based on her talk of stuffing you in the deepfreeze with the squidbits?

Just a tiny brain there Aron .... I don't think they're staying awake considering anything, other than where the next predator, prey or mate is ....

I share their pain. :cry:

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i have to agree with um.... i dont think brain size really affects that type of thinking.....

Jessie

Hatchling
Registered
Wow, that does seem to be interesting...who would've thought...
I wonder what was going through their minds as they were doing this research....

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Jessie said:
Wow, that does seem to be interesting...who would've thought...
I wonder what was going through their minds as they were doing this research....

.... well, the octopus probably had food going through its mind (given the oesophagus passes straight through the brain).

... as far as the scientists are concerned ..... who knows ... but I for one wouldn't be in any hurry to shake their hand(s)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak