BREAKING NEWS: Giant ammonite discovery

What would that drillhole have been caused by? Buccinum giganteum: the until very recently (this afternoon) unknown giant cretaceous whelk? :biggrin2:

that would be..like...huge. And that shell looks rather tough..even for a large radula equipped ceph. Maybe some erosion/abrasion cuasing a hole to form before it fossilised?

Feelers said:
Seems a shame to have it just erode away up there. Perhaps there's a museum that would be interested? Unless of course you feel like donning your climbing gear. :biggrin2:

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this ammonite for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad ceph. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This ceph, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go.

? Is that a hole or a birds nest? Cliff swallow? Or is it just a patch of moss?

I guess someone could try getting it by hanging from ropes off the cliff...

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back