Brandon Bird puts squid in his paintings

Both are excellent, thanks very much for the links.

Oh I wish I could have used the T-Rex one for the Tusoteuthis article. My money is on the tyrannosaur though!

Actually,

Here, raw sexual aggression is symbolized by the sperm whale, while the squid acts as a thinly-disguised metaphor for the multi-armed oligarchies of Rockefeller, Hearst, and Morgan. Their battle plays against the backdrop of the sea, standing in for--what else?--the vastness of the unconscious mind.

not convinced.

Well, the painting just looks like a giant squid, a dinosaur and a sperm whale engaged in as huge scrap to me. Oh I never understood art....is Mr Bird truly taking the mick, or is he being utterly pretentious?

Phil said:
Oh I never understood art....is Mr Bird truly taking the mick, or is he being utterly pretentious?

I think if you explore the sight, the answer to that will come to you pretty quick. Check out the Raphaelish Deep Space Nine scene.

I see what you mean. That Death of Jennifer Sisko was one of the funniest things I've seen for ages, I burst out laughing. Talk about mixing the sublime with the ridiculous.

This is great stuff, anyone who paints pictures of Mr T confronting the Greek gods is worthy of a stout handshake or two.

Quite a coincidence I'd say ... I'm convinced that there's an extra hair on the chaps right leg, just above the knee in the photo!

Clem, should you happen upon a photograph of a T. rex chomping down on a sperm whale, chomping down on a giant squid, please do post online!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back