• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Book Recommendations For Keeping Nautili?

There are not a lot of books on keeping cephs. We don't recommended keeping nautilus - you'd do much better to think of an octopus or perhaps a cuttlefish, depending on where you live.

Nancy

yeah they are cool, but like what Nancy said, a nautilus is no picnec and not good for beginners. I heard that they last longer though... hmm,(scratches chin)
But they also are not nearly as interesting, unless you're in this for research. They need to have a very deep tank with almost no light, plus tempatures higher then like, 60 something will kill them. So Beware! :goofysca:
So my point is that taking care of these animals wil drive you crazy, and best avoid it unless you wanna end up looking like this. :bonk:

Well, someone here has kept a Nautilus, All i remember was that the owner Was LS, anyone know where the thread is. Anyway,LS kept the nautilus only for a few days before it perished.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back