• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Bolitaenidae

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
no problem! I figured it was about time to see some weird and wonderful cephs! If I do a couple a day I won't go TOO crazy! (hopefully) :bugout:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I'm glad to see someone else posting to this forum! Even I forget that I have posted some nice ID information in the octopuses more common to our tanks. Adding these cool guys will help remind us to look here.

Are you working with any of these that you are posting in school or just taking advantage of the need to post them to help familiarize yourself better?

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Well D, I'm not working with any of these, but the squids that both heather and I are working on, seem to be neglected from these forums! haha. So those will get added evenutally. But this is something I've been wanting to do for a while, because I LOVE ceph diversity. I just figured I have some free time every now and then, might as well post some cool squidz! :smile:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
When you get to your squids, please id them as such and give us a little info about what the two of you are doing with them :sagrin:

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Also interesting to note the single row of suckers on each arm. I guess that is one reason this is classified as an "octopod" and not an "octopus". Hmmmmm, very interesting....

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IzzyPop

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak