• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

blurry hhhhhhhhhheeeeee eeeeeelllllllllllppppp

i did a water test and my nitrites are a little high and i dont have any water to do a water change.hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppppp!
i dont wantr to lose him

franco :bugout: :mrgreen:

Well. it sounds like your tank is going through a fairly large ammonia spike. A partial water change would be a very good idea, as well as putting fresh carbon into your filter (make sure it is saltwater use carbon, without the white granules).
Contact your local lfs and ask if they will sell or give you some saltwater from their INVERT tanks...do not get any from a fish tank (copper,etc), or purchase the salt and mix some up.

Well, it is hard to say...it really depends on the tank and the octopus...some of them last through thick and thin, others give up the ghost quite easily.
Never is fun having a tank crash like that...all you can do is be prepared for the next time, by having supplies on hand...I would recommend calling your lfs and asking them if they can sell you water, that will speed up the water change aspect, as you won't have to wait for the salt to dissolve, etc...
good luck!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back