• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

BLUERINGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
DocFrye said:
In another thread, arrogant s.o.b. actually appeared suprised by the lethal poison of bluerings.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but I suppose it's better safe than sorry, in terms of making sure he knows the danger level. I talked to an LFS guy back in 1986 who was pretty pushy about "if you're thinking about an octo, you should get a blue ring because they're much more colorful"-- I'm not sure he even would have mentioned the "and can kill you" if I hadn't already known...

DING! DING! THERES THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR ....thanks for answering my question chrono.. =) see guys that wasnt that hard. =) very touchy subject i see though.... thanks again

Arrogantsob81 said:
DING! DING! THERES THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR ....thanks for answering my question chrono.. =) see guys that wasnt that hard. =) very toucy subject i see though.... thanks again

er, actually, no disrespect to Chrono, but Nancy answered it more accurately, if indirectly-- there are two people on the "list of octopuses" that have blue rings, but they have not been very active posters recently. I believe there are a number of folks who have kept them in the past, as well.

If you use the "member list" page to look up their names, you can "show all posts" to get the details about their bluerings...

Arrogantsob81,

Its not truly a touchy subject, it's a subject that is close to the hearts of the TONMO community and really, people would help you out as best they could.

I will suggest that your login name doesn't really start you off on the right foot. It suggests that you are looking to pick a fight and rile a few people up. It's not going to happen in this case as I am regrettably closing this thread as we have all seen where this goes many time over.

I will also politely suggest that having a blue ring is a big deal and will always attract a lot of attention. People are genuinely interested in these species. Please be prepared to expect a lot of questions directed at you about your blue ring octopus.

thanks
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back