• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Blue Ring care -

Mr aqua

Hatchling
Registered
I have a Blue Ring as a hitchhiker on my LF. Found the guy last week after snails and hermits were being eaten. I know they are deadly and am willing to sell or trade to another hobbist who knows the proper care for this animal. I'm guessing he's been in the tank for a month now, after capture he's in his own lair (cup with holes punched)- he's in a dark cave where i understand they like it. I want to sell /trade him to more experienced people who keep cephs. *WARNING - this is a deadly animal and caution must be used. *Do not handle this animal with hands, bite can lead to DEATH. So with all that, GOOD LUCK!

Hi Mr. aqua,

You seem to have no takers yet, so perhaps you could donate your blue ringed octopus to a public aquarium.

You're right, they are very dangerous.

Nancy

Re: Blue Ring care -

Mr aqua said:
I know they are deadly and am willing to sell or trade to another hobbist who knows the proper care for this animal.
hmm, so you want to sell it, you maybe can get some results at reef central in the ad section' or post here. :smile:

:shock: Dr. Caldwell's article was very interesting. I knew they were deadly, but didn't realize even emersing your hand in a tank housing a blue ring could produce a toxic reaction. No wonder my LFS had coppered the heck out of their tanks when a bluering that was shipped by their suppliers ignorance escaped into the filter system.

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back