• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Black stool

dleo4590

O. vulgaris
Registered
Anyone ever experience their octopus poop that’s a dark/black color? I’m assuming it’s poop it’s shaped is like that of when they expel waste.

Attachments

• 16211A46-DDD7-42A1-9D78-F9F613041F8B.jpeg
    16211A46-DDD7-42A1-9D78-F9F613041F8B.jpeg
    745.7 KB · Views: 198
  • F6527DB6-EC87-466C-A896-A67BCF3ECEC7.jpeg
    F6527DB6-EC87-466C-A896-A67BCF3ECEC7.jpeg
    761.1 KB · Views: 171
Those look like octo poops to me! Sometimes they even have little stringy bits attached to them. I have seen poops in a wide range of colors, from light tan to darker red and sometimes black like the photos you have posted.

Those look like octo poops to me! Sometimes they even have little stringy bits attached to them. I have seen poops in a wide range of colors, from light tan to darker red and sometimes black like the photos you have posted.
Ok just wanted to make sure it was normal we got some kind of Dwarf octo that was listed as a Brown Pacific. Smaller than a dime and nice coloring. It appeared dark brown when we got him but he has turquoise flecks/blotches on him and sometimes a rusty red coloring. Very pretty.

Cautionary note on the turquoise blotches, be sure you compare it in full color to some of the Blue Ringed animals (or post full color here).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back