Bimaculoides anatomy?

tlasz24

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
For a project in Bio for school, I need to be able to identify and label the parts of my animal's anatomy. The problem is, I've been searching the internet and have yet to find a good diagram. Does anyone have a diagram of octopus anatomy I can use for reference, or are the bimaculoids and the rest of the octopuses all the same, anatomy-wise?

Here is an image that I have used a lot. I don't right off hand remember the reference information for it. I hope it helps...

Attachments

• conv_290826.jpg
    conv_290826.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 108
Taollan;94770 said:
Here is an image that I have used a lot. I don't right off hand remember the reference information for it. I hope it helps...

Question about that... the first two male parts... where am I looking at that from? I can't quite figure it out

Could you be a bit more specific by what you mean by the first two male parts. I would off the cuff assume figures A & C (if you look closely there is a letter associated with each figure), but then thought you might also be refering to figure F. So if you could let me know that I will do my best to help you out.

What you are seeing here is the mantle of the octopus, with an incision made down the middle and opened up. You are viewing the octopus from the ventral side (so it is like the octopus was laid on its "back") The arms, which are out of view in these figures, extend upward.
I made a quick sketch on a octopus images to sort of illustrate. What you are seeing is within the green box. The mantle has been cut along the red line and opened up in the direction of the blue arrows.
I hope this helps. If you would like more information, just ask.

Attachments

• conv_290867.gif
    conv_290867.gif
    91.6 KB · Views: 106
One more question..

I wonder if you have any document about the morphology of sperm and spermatophores of cephalopods.

I have already seen the Tree of Life’s site. But it will be great if there is some thing in more detail.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back