• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac size and feeding question.

yea i have a few pics of my hummelincki but i it was in a thread from a while ago. you could look in the journals section and there is a few people that have pics of there hummelincki, aculeatus, briareus, ETC.

Okay help me decide; I would like a species that will live at least 1 year ( more would be great), one that I do not need a chiller for, 75 gallon okay, and one without venom.

personally i would go with a briareus. even though i've never had one i love there color and i have heard they are very interactive. if you are looking for a smaller octo and want to give it extra space i would go with a. aculeatus because they are interactive but that is from personal experience and other octos could have a totally diff. personality.

All octos have a form of toxin. The majority of them are relatively harmless to people. The bite may hurt and cause irritation and swelling but as long as you don't get a blue-ring death isn't very likely.

You might try www.divertom.com and ask for a very small one. If he doesn't have any in stock he can probably find you as he is a diver/collector himself. There's no guarantee on how long they'll live when you get them, as there's no way to tell how old they are when you get them. I got lucky and I'm thinking mine was about 10-12 weeks old when I got it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back