• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac Okay in 65Gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephman

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi Everyone,

I love octopi. So I was thinking of getting one. After extensive research I have found that I am going to get a bimac. My question is: Is it okay to put one in a 65g Red Sea Max 250 with state of the art internal systems?:old:

It can be done as long as water quality is good and the system is really stable. Also, what temperature do you plan to run. I find that survival is much better and longevity extended if you can run at lower temperatures. I have one bimac that I think is closing in on a record for longevity. I have had it for over two and a half years and he is still eating and healthy. I feed sparingly (one live grass shrimp every two or three days) and keep the animal at 15C.

Roy

Neogonodactylus;130586 said:
It can be done as long as water quality is good and the system is really stable. Also, what temperature do you plan to run. I find that survival is much better and longevity extended if you can run at lower temperatures. I have one bimac that I think is closing in on a record for longevity. I have had it for over two and a half years and he is still eating and healthy. I feed sparingly (one live grass shrimp every two or three days) and keep the animal at 15C.

Roy

WOW! Thats the longest I've heard. I was thinking like around 70 degrees ferenhiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back