• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

bimac from reefscavengers

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
has anyone ordered the bimac from reefscavengers. I have been considering it since they are in florida and shipping would be cheap and quick, but i want to be sure of its id before ordering. thanks

They seem to be good about wanting to properly ID their animals, but since they're in Florida, it would be surprising if they have a source for bimacs from California, since AFAIK there aren't tank-raised available at the moment. I bet they'd send a picture if you ask, though. My guess is that it'd be more likely to be hummelincki if it was caught anywhere near Florida.

i sent them an e-mail asking for a picture or if not at least a description of what they look like (eyespots, size, etc.) It says on their website that they got it from Nicaragua, so doesnt sound like a bimac to me.

Yeah, it wouldn't likely be a bimac in Nicaragua... although I'm not 100% sure how far south they get. It would help if they could tell you if it was on the Atlantic or Pacific coast of Nicaragua, too.

I ordered one last week but they did not see my order and sold out?? They told me they were getting in a shipment on Sunday?? and it would ship out Tuesday if they looked good. I have not heard anything since Friday.

Now they are saying their supplier did not send them on their Sunday delivery. Who gets deliveries on Sunday anyway?? I sent them back an email asking how they sold out of an octo I ordered last on Monday and was still listed as in stock the following friday?? I think I may be cancelling my order and looking elsewhere.

jimmy 22;118613 said:
they did the same thing to me. but wont reply to my emails

My original order was placed on Monday May 19th and i asked for them to deliver on Thursday May 22nd. I finally got an email response from them on Wednesday the 21st saying they did not even have my order. I paid via paypay and referenced them to that. They said they would get the order out ASAP. On Friday they replied saying they were out of bimacs but they were getting a shipment from their supplier on Sunday the 25th. Last night they sent me an email said they did not get any and it would not be until the middle of next week. I am goinng to cancel my order when I get home and look for another source.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back