• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac for sale

Hi all,
I have a small two-spot octopus available to the right owner. I'll be moving house and so I have to start thinking about selling the little guy. I got him at a local pet store for 50 dollars.... It took me forever finding him in the first place so I can empathize with anyone on the hunt for their first octopus. I've only had him for a month and my guess is that he is pretty young.
He shares his tank with a blue damsal, and the two are inseparable... So I would also include "blue" with the sale. They are very cute together.
Please make an offer!
Thanks for looking,
Liam

Are you sure it's a bimac? Does it have an unbroken ring in its ocellus, like Ollie in our Bimac Care Sheet:
Cephalopod Care Sometimes, when the octopus is quite small, it's very difficult to see the ocellus clearly.

The reason I ask is that bimacs have been almost impossible to find, and hummelincki can be confused with bimacs, since both have the false eye spots.

Although bimacs are better kept in lower temperatures, they do experience higher temperatues in the ocean, especially in some of the tidepools. And we've had people keep them in the mid seventies.

Nancy

the temp is around 74. I'm quite sure he is a two-spot. He definitely has the two rings. I'm looking at google images right now and he seems a closer match to the bimac. I'm an inexperienced owner but if I had to guess i would say it's a bimac.

Is that Gainesville, FL or Gainesville, GA (wishful thinking on my part I suspect)?

Do you know if it was caught in FL? If so, it is hummelincki/filosus.

Look closely at the eyespot. Is the center yellow? More like picture 1 (Caribbean hummelincki/filosus) or picture 2 (Pacific bimac)

Attachments

• conv_294802.jpg
    conv_294802.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 239
Hey im in Gainesville, Ready for the razorbacks this sat!. My tank is ready for an octo but I was going to wait awhile longer to aquire some funds but I would check him out, that is if Capt Fish is cool with that. Where in gainesville are you? Im right by the movie theater on newberry. I'm guessing you picked him up at aquatropics?

Octo, I could easily set up a paypal and send him on Monday, also, I can ship him however you prefer, but I would have to include the shipping cost in the price, if that's ok. I imagine bagging with plenty of oxygen and overnighting would work, but what are your thoughts?

Dobrezmetal, as Octo replied first I need to give him the opportunity to adopt him first but if that falls through then you're more than welcome to come check him out, I live up 13th and, yes, I did get him at aquatropics.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back