• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bill's new Red Sea 350

I don't have any experience in this area, but here is a quote :
“Experienced aquarists know that when they transport a captured octopus, it will survive much better if moved in just a small amount of cold water in a big plastic bag filled with pure oxygen.

"Super Suckers , The Giant Pacific Octopus", 2009, James A. Codgrove & Neil McDaniel p54.

I don't have any experience in this area, but here is a quote :
“Experienced aquarists know that when they transport a captured octopus, it will survive much better if moved in just a small amount of cold water in a big plastic bag filled with pure oxygen.
"Super Suckers , The Giant Pacific Octopus", 2009, James A. Codgrove & Neil McDaniel p54.

I put two Clams in the aquarium yesterday. This morning one was wide open and empty. Clarry had drilled a hole through the shell.

Attachments

• Clarry drilled hole in clam 5779.JPG
    Clarry drilled hole in clam 5779.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Clarry drilled hole in clam 5778.JPG
    Clarry drilled hole in clam 5778.JPG
    862.1 KB · Views: 5

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
that's great! We've had a thread or two on octo-drilled holes in clam shells like this. Nice find :thumbsup:

ACC4

Cuttlefish
Registered
Problem!
1. Iris abandoned her shell home she has had for a week and dug a cave under one of the rocks.
2. Iris has turned white or very light gray and has taken strange positions in the cave.
What does this mean?
I too have noticed this taking strange positions in conjunction with pale coloring-in my experience it means the octopus is no longer in the right mind and is dying:cry3: 💔
i have also seen digging deep into the substrate under a rock but only by 1 or 2 octos so i can't speak much to that.

Latest Posts