• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bill died today :(

I noticed this morning that Bill was at the front of the tank with white markings and different coloration than normal. He watched me and the dogs and seemed to move and interact just fine.

I just looked at the tank and it was opaque black. :shock:

Bill was floating at the top and I can only guess he inked everything out. I had never seen any ink out of him before.

I never really realized how big he was. Measurements when dead - he had a 1 1/2 inch+ sized mantle that was 1 1/4 inches wide overall he was 3 inches with his tentacles NOT extended. Roughly the size of 2 of my thumbs -side by side.

I am trying to figure out exactly how old he was. I saw posts of myself getting cuttlefish in January of last year, but that would make Bill 1 year and one month old.

rotj.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back