• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Best Nocturnal Octo?

raleighbags

Hatchling
Registered
due to my income, I am looking at getting a pygmy octo. My schedule and sleeping habbits allow me to work well with a nocturnal octo. Given the fact that a strictly nocturnal octo is no problem, is there an active, colorful, inteligent pygmy octopus? If not, what is the closest to those specifications?

Only pygmy you're going to find in the USA most likely will be O. mercatoris but they aren't typically all that active/interactive. Some other members have had good experiences keeping multiples in tanks together though so that is a plus, and they can also be raised from eggs so it is possible to sustain generation after generation until inbreeding becomes an issue. I don't know where to find any currently. If you stick around long enough you might be able to pick up some captive-bred O. chierchia babies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back