• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

best bio media?

on a completely off note, petco sucks if you want to prepare for an octopus. crappy skimmers, crappy saltwater selection, and uber-crappy/expensive live rock.

lol yes it does. I thought i was being smart by buying activated carbon to cleare the tank and i found that it was much more simple to buy the biggest pre made filter carbon pad. I decided that the over flow is way to loud for me to think so i'm going to cycle the tank from when i wake up to when i chill out. I decided to leave the fuge light on when cycling and off when not. I didn't flood my entire room. I did siphon out about 3 inches inches from a 75 gal though.

Keith;120625 said:
on a completely off note, petco sucks if you want to prepare for an octopus. crappy skimmers, crappy saltwater selection, and uber-crappy/expensive live rock.

Dude! Stop going there! Its just not worth it. Their advice is bad and their husbandry skills are terrible. Fresh and saltwater :biggrin2:

the only reason i was there, and i still am a lot, is because my fiance just got hired as a dog trainer there. that job comes with a 25% discount. so i thought id use it. turns out, they suck. a lot. yea its a 45 minute drive in all directions from where im at till you hit a good fish store.

Keith;120663 said:
its a 45 minute drive in all directions from where im at till you hit a good fish store.

the only saltwater fish store less than a hour from me has all of its tanks plumbed together (not in a good way), free religious books in front of the register and a owner that is anti-science but thinks she knows more than you no matter who you are. So i mostly order from online. even with shipping it's cheaper.

Keith;120680 said:
huh. that sounds awesome :lol: anti-science people are funny.

Ohhhhhh man o man. Don't get me started.

Chris. I flooded my kitchen trying to run a HOB overflow on the tank Kalypso's in. How is your overflow set up? If you don't have a durso standpipe aka "J" pipe on your intake that would likely be your noise problem. If you do have one the hole on top is probably too big.

hahahha. oh man thats funny. where the pets go to die. my fiance told me all petcos have a freezer in back for the animals that die in the store. she said its full. you really know what youre talkin about there.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back