Beldar - Callistoctopus aspilosomatis ?

I was saddened reading this last report. RIP Bel:angelpus:
Sorry for your loss, D.

Your excellent detailed reports of Bel's life as it progressed will help other octopus keepers.

Nancy

I hope so Nancy, and I hope others will try to find educational ways to extend the experience when one dies. I may have to turn off the red light on Bel's tank for awhile though as I still start to go over to look for her when I go down for coffee even though she had not been her playful self for the better part of a month.

I just wanted to let everyone know that dwhately has decided to donate Bel to my local aquarium (National Aquarium in Baltimore). Her remains will be used as a teaching tool for education staff / exhibit guides to educate visitors about these fantastic animals. I plan to create a short information sheet about Octopus macropus and include some of the pictures found in this journal. When I finish, I'll be sure to post some pictures of the display here.

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to post a picture of Beldar, who was put to good use for a phylum lab for elementary school students at the National Aquarium in Baltimore. D decided to donate her octopus to me so I could have her used for educational purposes.

Thanks Again D!

Attachments

• conv_296017.jpg
    conv_296017.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 151
Thank you for the photo. I wish she had been in better condition but so far the lighter skinned nocturnal octos seem to deteriorate faster than the diurnals. The hummelinckis have all retained their skin and basic shape much better than the briareus and Bel and I don't think it is a matter of the time of death to the time to preservation. It may be that they just live longer in poorer condition.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back