• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Beginner :D

Hi,
At the moment im just costing things up for a Marine tank, with an aim to keep cuttle fish after some experience. would a tank like:
http://www.aquariumsdelivered.co.uk/catalog/baolong-ad990-front-aquarium-cabinet-p-641.html
be suitable with its filters and such? Also what other equipment would you recomend (brands and such) for the protien skimmer,size of quarenteen tank etc.
Cheers
Mike
P.S My experience has only been with freshwater fish and other non-marine animals eg (cats,dogs,cows,sheep and pigs)

There are a lot of resources within this community that will answer the questions you're asking. I know somewhere around here, there's a thread floating around about protein skimmers. There's also a forum for tank setups. Try searching around a little and I bet you'll find answers to your questions! :smile:

Hi Mike,

First of all, are you in the UK? (I'm guessing that from the link for a tank). You'd have access to different cuttlefish than we do here in the US.

Look at the top of this thread, where the "stickies" are. You'll find a whole thread on protein skimmers and also a very interesting thread on which equipment people have and what they paid for it.

If you want to keep S. officinalis, you'll need a bigger tank, although what you ave would be large enough for S. bandensis or various species of octopus.

I hope some of our UK members will reply to this, too.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back