• You are viewing our Exotics and Rare Species forum. Please review our Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement to ensure you are appraised of the dangers and considerations related to pursuing exotics and rare species as an aquarist. Threads in this forum are not featured on our homepage.
  • Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.

Been gone a while! I got a surprise.

Stevie

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hello again everyone. I have been on the site foor a while, then for some reason just lost touch. After going through 2 octopuses, I had tried cuttles for a long while, hatching them from eggs. I work at a LFS. For my birthday the owner ordered me a new pet. He ordered me a zebra, assuming that there was no way a mimic, or wunderpus would be $40 wholesale.

Well it is. I have a wunderpus. The bad news is that I really was not expecting that.

The good news is that it has all of its tentacles, and is definately a male. He seems healthy, and is eating. In more good news, I can bring home anything I have needed to take care of it.

I have miracle mud for most of the substrate, and am feeding shrimp, and emerald crabs for now. Any other help on the species?

Stevie

O. bimaculoides
Registered
mail.jpg

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Is this Brooke? I was going to respond to your email, but this is better. :biggrin2:

Sounds like you have everything under control. Keep it feeding and we'll see what happens.

Stevie

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Thales, have you notices any vision impairment with this species? It seems that they are possibly less interactive because the vision is not so good. I can drop in 3 shrimp and he doesn't seem to notice, but if I touch the shrimp to a tentacle he quickly grabs and eats.

Stevie

O. bimaculoides
Registered
I will try! my camera is not the greatest, I have a friend who is a photographer who will be here on thursday to help...much nicer camera!