• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bali brown or Bali zebra?

Hi LF

I have had octopuses from Bali a few times... brown usually tends to be aculeatus as Chrissy said and I have also had two blue rings come in as 'vulgaris'....

so, point is, you really wont know until you see them

fingers crossed
C

Maybe I am being ignorant here but I think you are getting too dramatic about having just the right environment for an octo. We buy Bali deepwater SPS corals and throw them in a tank under 400w halides, we put fish from every sea together in the same 200g of water. Softcorals from vertical slopes with tons of current in one direction and throw them in a tank with wave makers and seaswirls.

Thus as well, I think an octopus who can wonder from one type of location, situation and adapt to "temperature fluctuations from 84-100 in 6 hours" can handle a tank with subtle lighting, some sand, some rock, and some rubble.

Ill probably be lynched for this post, but its just my thoughts. I realize SOME may have very distinct needs (like a mimic with sand) but most octos seem live in pretty similar types of environments.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back