• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bad news, good news

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
When I was in Tonga about two weeks ago, the two bandensis I had were trying to get at each other through the partition gutter guard in the tank, and it seems they abraded their top arms. They were male and female, so I think they were trying to mate. One died - suddenly. The other went about a week later. They were about 8 month old and had been mating regularly.

Last week I was at a local wholesaler who had some cuttles in - they were sent instead of eggs. They were bandensis, two were in good shape, and one wasn't. I took the two. The second day I had them they both ate frozen krill! Thats pretty cool in my book. They have eaten frozen 3 times each so far.

Firstly, sorry to hear of the losses Rich - never nice losing these creatures.

But good news on the new cuttles, and a good sign they are eating frozen - as it happens i've had some luck with the babies on krill too.

Keep us posted as to how these guys are doing!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back