• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Baby Wonderpus!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

munna121

Cuttlefish
Registered
Just arrived at the air port today, no ink in the bag. I wanted the smallest one I could get but he is tiny!!!

Attachments

• conv_304210.jpg
    conv_304210.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 28
  • conv_304211.jpg
    conv_304211.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 36
  • conv_304212.jpg
    conv_304212.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 31
  • conv_304213.jpg
    conv_304213.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 28
Its a wonderpus, almost identical except the wonderpus tends to be more of a caramel color and have more definition in their pattern.

Good price but to rich for my blood. Good luck to you. The other day I posted about a Wonderpus for sale on some site... it was like 350$ OUCH! Thats the new sump I'm saving for!!

What is your site address?

It would be better if this species (actually all the zebras) were not collected and sold.

We don't know about the population in the wild,and there are other more abundant species available that would be fine in a home aquarium.

Nancy

Nancy;155548 said:
It would be better if this species (actually all the zebras) were not collected and sold.

We don't know about the population in the wild,and there are other more abundant species available that would be fine in a home aquarium.

Nancy

I'm with you keeping and selling these sucks. It is irresponsible.

Well in truth, just starting out I wouldnt keep one. Also I dont know enough about them to keep them. I have read a few site but the information is limited to say the least. Plus with the added cost and from what I hear/read they really dont do well in shipping/captivity making them more than off my list. I just like having the information of who and whats out there.

This is my third one personally, they are very easy to keep, especially you have a reef set up and a decent protein skimmer because they create alot of waste, the adults are pretty common where they are being collected and they are available all the time in good numbers, the adults tend to last any where from 6 months to a year depending how large/old they are, and strangely they never attempt to leave the water. Personally they are my favorite species of octopus for the reef tanks because they dont eat any the fish and even leave most of the ornamental shrimps alone, and most importantly they dont dig or move things around like vulgaris or bimacs.

Written by mucktopus from here http://www.tonmo.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4841.html

Mimic and wunderpus probably have decent distributions, but they live in habitat that is heavily trawled in some places, and sometimes "reclaimed" to make land. Although we have not been able to conduct formal surveys yet, these octos are considered rare. When solitary animals are rare, and might not get many chances to mate in life, over-collection can be a big deal. Based on views of long-time divers in muck sites, paoching of rare animals for the aquarium trade (of mimics, wunderpus, frogfish, etc) has become a big, unchecked problem. Rich muck habitats don't have the charismatic draw that coral reefs have, so they get ignored by conservation groups that admittedly already have a lot on their plate as it is. Wunderpus and mimics have different ways of dispersing hatchlings, so wunderpus would probably have a harder time bouncing back after over-collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back