[Octopus]: Baby CROs!

dleo4590

O. vulgaris
Registered
Good Evening All,

Just wanted to post our two new tiny Caribbean Reef Octopus we received today. We literally just got done with introducing them to their new enclosure until they're big enough to go into their new environment. They're maybe 3"-4" from tip to tip. These are the smallest octos we've seen or had the opportunity to care for so this is a first for us as I'm sure it is for most others to observe. They seem to be doing well after acclimation but we'll do regular updates. We have offered some small Peppermint shrimp and have some hermit crabs as well. Tomorrow we intend to add a small hideout for them when we find the perfect size.

Day 2: So we went to one of our LFS and got some small Red crabs and the bigger one that ate the hermit took the one we placed in. We had also found some barnacles we thought we be something for them to hide in if they wanted. Still trying to get the smaller one to feed but no luck so far.

nice work - I imagine that's a lot to juggle! 😅
It would be for one person but luckily I have my boyfriend here to help and extra set of hands but other than that not really. It’s finding the appropriate sized food right now which seems to be the most stressful. We spoke with someone at our LFS and did a bulk order so they should be set for a while. One is very feisty and that would be the bigger one and the other is more reserved and would rather I offer food to take from me.

Good Evening All,

Just wanted to post our two new tiny Caribbean Reef Octopus we received today. We literally just got done with introducing them to their new enclosure until they're big enough to go into their new environment. They're maybe 3"-4" from tip to tip. These are the smallest octos we've seen or had the opportunity to care for so this is a first for us as I'm sure it is for most others to observe. They seem to be doing well after acclimation but we'll do regular updates. We have offered some small Peppermint shrimp and have some hermit crabs as well. Tomorrow we intend to add a small hideout for them when we find the perfect size.
Excellent videos, dleo! My tank has been set up for a few weeks now. I believe my first octo will be a Caribbean.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back