[Cuttlefish]: Babies have arrived!!!

craigl

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Just got my baby bandensis just about an hour ago...They are still acclimating...pics to come! Im very excited!!!! cant think of a better reason to go in to work late right now hahah!

Well they are still hiding and i dont wanna bug them out with the flash and there is now way i can get a shot of them right now without it...How long does it normally take them to warm up to a new tank? I know i have had wrasses and other shy fish take up to a few weeks before i even got a glimpse of them in the tank...

Well the bigger of the two ate 3 or so mysis after being in the tank for minutes...the smaller one got in the tank and just ran for cover behind the rock. Turns out i was looking so hard for them and they were right in front of my face! here are the first few pics i got :smile:
BTW anyone who is thinking about buying their cuttles from Thales...he is a pleasure to deal with and has been in contact with me in numerous emails through out the buying/decision making process. He is a stand up guy and I highly reccomend anyone interested in buying S.bandensis to get them through him!
Well i wont keep you all in suspense here are the first few shots..I could only get pics of the bigger one since the little guy is still hiding behind the rocks.
Bandensis1.jpg

Bandensis3.jpg

Bandensis2.jpg

Paradox;112614 said:
Maybe you should name him Waldo =)
Thats not such a bad idea!! me and my girl were standing there for a good 45 min to an hour trying to find them until i saw the tube worm retract and voila he was right dead smack in the middle of the tank just watching us!

Man the bigger one is warming up to me :smile: It was just coming against the glass "begging" the little one is still hiding but i did see it eat a few pieces of mysis so that is a good sign... Quick question, when they turn really dark is that normal or is it saying it is mad or what? Anyway here are some more pics i snapped tonight. I tried to get a pic of it snathcing food but man it is fast! it is like trying to catch a pic of chameleon's tongue snatching prey!
Once the camera came out It started to display this really dark color...almost black..am i just being a new worried parent? haha
waldo2.jpg

Waldo1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back