[Cuttlefish]: Babies have arrived!!!

The little cuttle seems to stalk its food kinda like a cat. Where the bigger one is strictly business haha! Very cool little creatures... glad i am able to experience them in my living room!

Thanks everyone! for a long time i was seriously addicted to sps corals! So, badly that i went to meetings (reef club meetings) where we sit around in a circle and do the usual "Hi im craig and im addicted to reefing" But now i think these cuttles may have started a new addiction! My girlfriend is going to kill me when she finds out that i am planning a new tank for another ceph hahah!

craigl;112887 said:
Thanks everyone! for a long time i was seriously addicted to sps corals! So, badly that i went to meetings (reef club meetings) where we sit around in a circle and do the usual "Hi im craig and im addicted to reefing" But now i think these cuttles may have started a new addiction! My girlfriend is going to kill me when she finds out that i am planning a new tank for another ceph hahah!

Heh why not feed both addictions and have a full blown reef with an army of Cuttles like me hah!

Do you have a picture of the darker color? When they feel a little uncertain or possibly threatened they will go to a darker color for camo. If they were mad, they would stretch all thier tentacles out and flare up to make them seem larger and more menacing. Unless you have two males there, you might not see this behavior much if at all.

Heh why not feed both addictions and have a full blown reef with an army of Cuttles like me hah!
One step ahead of you hahah! Already planning a 125 or 180 to plumb into my 90 gallon SPS tank for an S. officinalis and some softies...

Do you have a picture of the darker color? When they feel a little uncertain or possibly threatened they will go to a darker color for camo. If they were mad, they would stretch all thier tentacles out and flare up to make them seem larger and more menacing. Unless you have two males there, you might not see this behavior much if at all.
I have seen one do the flaring of the tentacle and turn really dark when i started cleaning with the mag float. I think they were just nervous and unsure of their new surroundings. They are warming up a lot more and even begining to interact a bit with me (when food is present) haha!! i dont have any new pics of the dark color but they arent really doing it anymore unless they are spooked.
Here is a video of the bigger one begging :smile: Its not the best video camera but you can see how much they are warming up to me!
Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket

I think it's amazing how cuttles and octos can recognize the one that feeds them.If anyone is in the room when I feed Olorin(besides my wife) he grabs the food than hides in the LR.But if its just me he will play tug o war or even climb somewhat out of the tank for his food.

dreadhead;112980 said:
I think it's amazing how cuttles and octos can recognize the one that feeds them.If anyone is in the room when I feed Olorin(besides my wife) he grabs the food than hides in the LR.But if its just me he will play tug o war or even climb somewhat out of the tank for his food.
Thats awesome! My anthias in my reef dont give a damn!! if you have food they love you haha! Its only been a little less than a week and they def know i am the magic food god! they dont seem to mind me being near the tank when feeding but as soon as my girlfriend walks behind me they dive back into the rocks. It is amazing how they can recognize people like that!

It has been awhile since someone mistakenly referred to themselves as a food god. Think on it a bit, I believe you will come to realize the correct word is slave:razz:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back