Article re: Intelligent Design

Yeah, its interesting that creationists don't let little things like evidence get in the way of their beliefs. Faith can do some wonderous things, just ask the followers of Jim Jones.....

Anyone who has read a wide range of books in their life can simply work out which "theory" to believe in. An octopus doesn't even have to read anything to know that it all comes down to survival of the fittest. Instead of arguing over where we all came from, just look at the beauty of nature and feel proud that we are a part of it.

Intelligent Design

Did you guys hear about Antony Flew? He was the leading atheist for 50 years and recently changed his mind and now believes in Intelligent Design. I just finished watching the documentary that made AP news and it was amazing. I am amazed that there are actually people out there that can look at the odds of life randomly forming and still believe that that is what happened! :smile:

sarac said:
Did you guys hear about Antony Flew? He was the leading atheist for 50 years and recently changed his mind and now believes in Intelligent Design. I just finished watching the documentary that made AP news and it was amazing. I am amazed that there are actually people out there that can look at the odds of life randomly forming and still believe that that is what happened! :smile:

Well, I guess you'll have to be amazed. Go figure.:mrgreen:

I've never heard of Antony Flew, but if Wikipedia is to be believed (always an open question), his position is considerably more dubious: Antony Flew - Wikipedia

I see nothing on the web site you link to that shows any sign of "AP news"-- it looks like nothing more than an ad for the DVD. At my most cynical, I would suspect that your post is really just an ad for the DVD, and you won't be back to actually interact on TONMO, but giving you the benefit of the doubt, I offer:

You may find this thread interesting as well, although some folks have found it uncomfortably skewed in the evolution direction: Well...it had to be on the web...

that is probably the best place if you are interested in an intelligent discussion, although continuing on this thread is probably fine as well.

p.s. I find the name of the producers of the DVD rather ironic: "Institute for MetaScientific Research" suggests that the research is not scientific. I find that refreshingly honest.

I am always amazed when people win lotteries. The odds are astoundingly against people winning them, yet people continue to do so. How strange. Actually, the a priori probability of the vast majority of events is effectively zero, yet events continue to happen. It could almost make your head explode.

um... said:
I am always amazed when people win lotteries. The odds are astoundingly against people winning them, yet people continue to do so. How strange. Actually, the a priori probability of the vast majority of events is effectively zero, yet events continue to happen. It could almost make your head explode.

:notworth: well said. Brings to mind _Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead_ and _Gravity's Rainbow_, a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back