ARGONAUTS QUEST!

WOOT WOOT! HOORAY FOR THE NAUTOLOIDES! I am on the opposite side of the island in which the waikiki aquarium is located. Do they let 13 year olds volunteer?

They've bred them there? Have they ever been able to raise those to adulthood? As far as i've known, breeding and hatching young has happened.... but no baby nautilus has successfully made it to adulthood in captivity.

Something to do with the pressure.... deep sea cannot be reproduced in an aquarium. They grow up with their chambers differently-spaced than in wild nautilus.

Octomush said:
Do they let 13 year olds volunteer?
Not sure, we've had an 11 year old (although we got her to bring her Mum, for safety reasons) Otherwise we tend to take from 14 up (although I've heard others take volunteers younger.

Cephkid I'm pretty certain the female broods..

J

Dunno about them being full of eggs when they wash up, A. nodosa washes up around northern NZ (Offshore Islands - I've found them at Mayor Is. - Bay of Plenty) in the summer months. All the ones I've seen have been empty.

Hmmm...okay. I could've sworn I read somwhere that they drop them and hope it catches on a reef-like-structure...therefore logic would say that the ones that washed up wouldn't have caught on anything, otherwise they wouldn't be there. :P Guess not though, huh?

There is plenty of information and interesting links to images about argonauts in this thread from last March called, appropriately, Argonauts

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back