• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Argh!!!

tywtly

GPO
Registered
I'm gonna go crazy if I don't get my tank set up soon. I've made a list of everything I need to get started. This is gonna turn out to be a little more expensive than I expected. It's gonna be around $220.00, and I'm too young to start working yet. My only source of income is allowance. 10.00 a week. So far, I've saved up $40.00. I've got quite a while to go. Any suggestions? I really need some money!

tywtly;96615 said:
I'm gonna go crazy if I don't get my tank set up soon. I've made a list of everything I need to get started. This is gonna turn out to be a little more expensive than I expected. It's gonna be around $220.00, and I'm too young to start working yet. My only source of income is allowance. 10.00 a week. So far, I've saved up $40.00. I've got quite a while to go. Any suggestions? I really need some money!

Maybe you could get an unofficial job helping out at a local fish store, to get a bit of experience, a bit of cash, and maybe discounts or secondhand equipment?

Check your local Marine Aquarium Society - they have buy and sell forums on their website. People often sell their old equipment cheaply and you might get a whole set up. They upgrade, so they need to get rid of the smaller tank they had.

Nancy

Hmmm...good suggestions. I'm getting some good ideas now. Thanks everybody, if anyone has more, keep em coming, by all means.

What city are you located in?

You should Google ("your city name here" aquarium society).

For example, my local aquarium society is: Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society. Our website is pretty handy, kinda like this one. There is a forum for buying/selling used equipment, corals, fish, etc.

You might need to subscribe and become a member to be eligible to participate. Even so, you might find some people to help you out.

Well, I live out in the middle of nowhere (rural Alabama). But I could probably use the name of a "nearby" big city, like Tuscaloosa or Birmingham. Thanks, I'll do that right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back