Are these Ammoniods?

Pr0teusUnbound

GPO
Registered
Hi, old member. Haven't been here since 2014, i think. While dissolving mid Devonian limestone for microfossils i found these little white discs. One of them seems to have septa on the inside. Could these things be ammonitellas of protoconchs of goniatite ammoniods?
IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1255.jpeg

IMG_1288.jpeg

More like 0.5mm in size. The microscope was designed for circuits and i had to put my iPhone camera to the eyepiece (thats why the image quality is so bad).

I was looking for conodonts but found tentaculites, ostracods, chondrichthyan scales/teeth, placoderm gnathals, acanthodian scales, onychodont scale fragments, at least one good conodont, and a bunch of other things i couldn't identify.

As for macrofossils, no ammonoids but a lot nautiloids like brevicone oncocerids, a few orthocones, plus corals, stromatoporoids, brachiopods and bivalves. I call the rock layer GPF9, as it was the ninth layer I tested for microfossils in the mid Devonian Gravel Point Formation.

It looks like you are finding a lot of good stuff. I just don't see anything that points to an ammonoid or cephalopod shell...
Well, in the first photo I thought the walls within the bisected shell looked like septa and the gaps between the said septa and the borders of the shell looked like space for a siphuncle. That and the whole white objects sometimes had the shape of an ammonoid. They probably aren't, but I still can't tell what they are.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back