[Featured]: Architeuthis (Giant Squid) Sightings

Oh... I only got that from the article on the link you posted. I don't know if any of the others were made official.
I was just going off this line "The squid was 5.8 metres long, including its tentacles. It was the fourth giant squid fisherman in central Japan’s Toyama Prefecture have caught in their nets already this year".

Don't think we can make pages as there are probably not references, but I'll look around anyways! :biggrin2:

diggingForOctoInfo.gif

something like this :sagrin: except it needs to shrink, my editor increased the size a bit.

I'll work on it a bit to make it both smaller and less jumpy. My editor is not the best for working with gifs and I will have to figure out why it is so large.

If I understand Google Translate correctly, were they going to allow it to escape?
It would be wonderful for one of these encounters to end with the Archie alive!
Best Ariel Segal

Narration translation (of the original video) offered by Hiraku Takeoka:
On the morning of December 24, an angler found a living giant squid swimming at moorings in Toyama. It was four meters in length, one meter in girth, swimming quietly with its head toward the sea bottom.
Kimura Nobuaki (the angler) said: "It had strong suckers, and I felt pain when it stuck to me. While I was trying to let it escape from the harbor, it twined around my body and clung to my arms…"
A giant squid usually lives in the deep sea, but apparently it strayed from Toyama Bay.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back