Architeuthis again (never a dull moment in New Zealand)

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Hey Steve,

You're always welcome at Otago! (Kat too of course!) George, muttered something about coming over maybe in October too so we could have our own wee ceph conclave! I'd even break out the Corries, Val Doonican and Roger Whitaker tapes! :biggrin2: A few :wine: :glass: :beer: and all would be right in the world!!

J

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Well, the gruesome teuthsome have just finished another MS on larval Architeuthis, in conjunction with two other most respectable teuthy gentlemen. We've been brave and sent it to one of our very own (growing number of) members, Prof. Richard (Dick) Young, for review prior to submission for formal review - it's always best to do it this way so as there are no unpleasant surprises when you receive a reviewer's comments.

That makes 5 manuscripts submitted for the year, 3 accepted and 2 still in formal review, and this present pending paper. We've been busy, and there's more sensational news to come, and quite a few more manuscripts (at least 3 in various stages of completion) - the way things are shaping up.

Jean, a mini-con featuring music and lyrics by Roger Whittaker, and much squid conversation, would be most warmly received by those with refined tastes in such things :wink:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Gee thanks, Jean, but... :P

See you in September!

Hmmmmmm maybe I should bung a few tapes in my bag and bring them with me :twisted:

I promise tho' absolutely NO Neil. I actually don't know anyone down here who owns a tape/record/cd (are there CD's of him, she wonders or have they all be used as coffee mug coasters???)............or admits to it!

J

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Are there CDs? Unfortunately yes. Steve has, I am not kidding, about 30 (this seems staggering until one comes to the awful realization that there are 54+ albums in total).

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
about 30 (this seems staggering until one comes to the awful realization that there are 54+ albums in total).

:shock:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Still that's a lotta coasters for your coffee mugs/beer bottles/wine glasses etc you'll never have mug rings on your desk again :twisted:

J

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
TaningiaDanae said:
That's the trouble with teenagers nowadays -- they just don't know how to have fun!)
:cry: (snif)

Things sure have changed, that's for sure; romance has simply gone - but I just can't put my finger on what it's been replaced with yet .... if in fact it has been replaced with anything..... maybe there's just this huge void in the lives of many young people today.

Had an interesting chat with someone this evening regarding this very thing .... and was surprised to pick up on this thread/your post Tani (I seem to have lost track of much that is both happening online and around me, so it was a surprise).

Time isn't an issue if you live in the past, but I think it all too easy to get caught up in some time warp, listening to and enjoying the same old tunes, blissfully oblivious to the hectic pace of life, love, music and this teen-need to 'experience' everything. Then, suddenly, in a comfortable daze, someone goes and hits you over the head with a sock-full of hot diarrhoea. You awaken at some unknown time and space to find all of your records abused as frizbees, both memories and dreams shattered and scratched like those precious old LP's.

The indignity of it all!!!