anything in northern california coming up?

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
hey i was just seein if anyone knows of anything comin up in northern california any time soon. im kinda new to this and i just thought itd be cool to attend one.

I think we should be able to muster up a nanocon near San Fran before winter is once more upon us... I am aiming at a September schedule, myself.

where do you guys hold these cons? is it something that'd be big enough for like a pavillion? i have no idea how many people attend these things

I am guessing this will be small. :biggrin2:

Keith, you can stop by anytime if you like, I am in Alameda.

Ob, if you schedule for the last part of September, I can prolly take you to the new Steinhart Aquarium with its GPO and 200,000 gallon reef tank.

sweeeet. alameda is less than an hour away from me, ill definately take you up on that some time. is steinhart the one with the big white columns in front that used to have the alligator pit?

Thales;120369 said:
I am guessing this will be small. :biggrin2:

Keith, you can stop by anytime if you like, I am in Alameda.

Ob, if you schedule for the last part of September, I can prolly take you to the new Steinhart Aquarium with its GPO and 200,000 gallon reef tank.

Steinhart Aquarium

Is this the one located near "The Wharf"?? I've only visited San Fran and went to one and it was only so so. I was wondering if this was a different aquarium??

The Aquarium of the Bay is located at the wharf, the new Steinhart is part of the California Academy of Sciences and is in the process of migrating back to the Golden Gate Park after 4 years downtown while the new facility was being built.

Here is a pic I took of the new reef tank a couple months ago:
dsc_7728_200000gallons_109.jpg

The new facility is simply incredible. :biggrin2:

For more info:
California Academy of Sciences

Thales;120388 said:
The Aquarium of the Bay is located at the wharf, the new Steinhart is part of the California Academy of Sciences and is in the process of migrating back to the Golden Gate Park after 4 years downtown while the new facility was being built.

Here is a pic I took of the new reef tank a couple months ago:
dsc_7728_200000gallons_109.jpg

The new facility is simply incredible. :biggrin2:

For more info:
California Academy of Sciences

I have heard of this now that I think of it. I'll have to have my sister check it out. She lives in SF.

that gator pit was awesome. and when i was like 10 i freakin loved to press the button and make the recording start talking about "the jackass penguin". good times.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back