• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Anyone in OH know where to buy Bimacs?

the octo from aquatic tech is in my 29 gallon still in the jar because he is a little guy but growing. but i will be moving him into a larger plastic jar in a couple days. i also added a nice piece of tonga branch live rock to give him/her somethin to play or fell a little safer on. the octo has ate a total of 5 small scarlet hermits. but will not eat the live nassauri snail. now on to my big carribean reef octo (briareus) i have had her for 11 months and she layed about 20 eggs but they vanished after 1 week. this was about a month ago, i dunno where they went but she sill acts like a mother collecting shells in her den. she is in a 150 gallon tank, also being the headboard of my queen sized bed. i guess im a lil spoiled. but i can still get her to come out and eat shrimp 2-3 times a week. so i hope she will live for another 2 months. whats do you guys think on the time left with her. once she passes on i will move the octo i got from aquatic tech in to the 150. any questions or opinions would be greatly apreciated.
greg

3000gtman, are you referring to the briareus you named Carl, who arrived on Aug 5, 2006, according to the List of Our Octopuses?

I don't think your briareus will live more than a few weeks after egg laying, but it could be more, given that the eggs have disappeared. Is she still in the den?

Nancy

she is still in her den. i catch her out at night for a fer hours about 3-4 times a week. when i looked at the eggs. i only saw i sack of like 15 eggs and the other only had like 4 on them. ( my first octo so i dunno if thats tew few amount of eggs but thats all i there were. they lasted about 5 days i dunno what hapened to them)this was about 4-5 weeks ago. she still eats 2-3 times a week so i think that helps. she is still collecting shells. i hope she lives a lil longer. i have had her for about 11 months and i think thats quite good for my first octo. any ideas or suggestions on how long carla will last let me know.
Also the octo i was talking about in this thread earlier was my new octo. i purchased him/her from clumbiana ohio, the largest saltwater fish store in ohio. i went up there with my business partner because we do matinance on daycare center tanks. but anyways, we went up there about a month ago and were lookin for any exotic fish for out tanks or any nice buys. then i asked if they had any octos in just out of curiosity, they did have one. they showed me the octo and i had to purchase him/her because they didnt know what species it was, but they had the octo there for a month and a day exactly so i had to give the lil octo a new home. i dunno what species it is ill have ot load up some pix. it is a reddish color and is nocturnal mostly. when the lights r on she hangs out under a piece of live rosk and holds shells up against it's self, and is a light blue almost clear color. i hope it isnt a dwarf octo because i like the larger species because i set up my big 150 gallon tank as my octo tank and it is also the headboard of my queen sised bed, it had a sweet look. well let me know if u could identify from the colors and description.
thanx greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back