• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Anya, O. briareus

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Some pictures of Anya’s last days. I was really amazed, because she spent her last two days right out in the open wanting attention from us all. I felt very lucky that she wanted to spend time with us! She spent a lot of time playing with my fingers and sitting in my hand, and also watching the dogs from her perch up high in the tank.

Attachments

pkilian

GPO
Staff member
@sedna I'm sorry to hear about Anya's eggs. I am happy that you were able to have a positive last few days with her and that you were able to take some photos and document some autophagy and egg laying! Always fun to have another learning opportunity.

@whitewhale2003 the type of octopus that will be comfy in your tank is mostly dependent on what temperature you keep your tank at, and what other critters you have living in the tank. The tank shape and volume seem to be a good fit for any medium sized octopus or smaller (think around the size of a larger O. Bimaculoides)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syd Kasten

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak