Any help on buying an octopus would be greatly appreciated.

Smeapancol

Blue Ring
Registered
Are there no opportunities now on buying a captive-bred bred bimaculoid or similar species? I would prefer not to go to the local fish store to get an octopus because the last time I did that, I got a completely non-bimaculoid species!

I think marinebio_guy is going to be selling some baby tank-raised bimacs in the next few weeks.

The only bimac breeding is being done by individuals and not commercial aquaculture farms. These people tend to distribute to other hobbyists via this website, rather than through aquarium livestock distributors. As such, you'll probably never find a bimac in any fish store. Check out the Octopus Availability thread.

If marinebio_guy is selling some baby bimacs I might be interested... the person that was getting me a briareus says they aren't looking good.

SandV;103647 said:
If marinebio_guy is selling some baby bimacs I might be interested... the person that was getting me a briareus says they aren't looking good.

Marinebio_guy has to move, and so stopped taking orders for this batch of bimacs a few weeks ago. I think the best bet for bimacs right now will by if Zyan Silver's dad continues the Zyan's bimac farm, as was planned. I don't think we've had a update on that project recently, though.

There were a lot being sold on Ebay recently. Both of the collectors I talked to had some Briareus, and they were ALL missing multiple limbs. I won one from an Ebay auction and had to get a refund because the one I won got lost and then found in the filter, missing its arms... soooo there are two options I wouldn't recommend, although Drakaornon went that route and got a great Briareus.

If you dare: www.divertom.com or Ebay. If you find any on Ebay, they are probably Tom's anyway. Maybe Zack's and if Zack doesn't have any he might tell you to try Tom. Zack's ID on Ebay is danac305 but it doesn't look like he has any right now.

Yeah www.divertom.com is actually the quy i was going to get one from... he is the friend of a guy here in boise, idaho.. so we all get together and make an order with him... but he only had one and it wasnt looking good i guess...

what would be the disadvantages to getting an octo that is missing legs... infection?...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back