[Announcement]: TONMO.com Subscriptions

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
TONMO.com is pleased to announce that you can now become a TONMO.com Supporter by subscribing to the site. Details can be found on our Subscriptions page. By becoming a TONMO.com Supporter, you are not only supporting the site, but you also have access to our private TONMO.com Supporters forum. I'll see you there! :wink:

Also, members who subscribe will have their rank value set to "TONMO.com Supporter" (as opposed to Larval Mass, etc.). The rest of the TONMO.com site offerings remain "free", and we will continue to post exciting news and happenings in the cephalopod universe in all the appropriate forums and places throughout the site. The subscribers-only area is designed to be a special, private, additional place for ceph enthusiasts to gather and discuss our favorite creatures. Thanks!

Re: [Announcement]: TONMO.com Subscriptions

tonmo said:
The subscribers-only area is designed to be a special, private, additional place for ceph enthusiasts to gather and discuss our favorite creatures.

TONMO,

In the new forum, will subscribers be allowed to use the F-word?

Clem

Yes, discussion pertaining to the firefly squid is most welcome. :P

There is a welcome note posted in the forum now, which talks about the kind of discussion / tone that is welcome there. Why don't you go have a look? :twisted: :roll:

tonmo said:
There is a welcome note posted in the forum now, which talks about the kind of discussion / tone that is welcome there. Why don't you go have a look?

I did, but there was no specific mention of the use/prohibition of the F-word.

The word "intimate" was used. It's not that kind of forum, is it?

:shock:

Clem

I suppose it's all what you make of it. :smile: That said, general board guidelines do still apply...

What I was referring to was the welcome note on the TONMO.com Supporters forum itself (not the Subscriptions page). But, really, it's essentially saying the same thing I'm saying here and on the Subscriptions page: it's pretty much a place for "extra" discussion, in an environment where only TONMO.com Supporters (and staff) are allowed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go remove the word "intimate" from the Subscriptions page... :oops:

That's correct, KRin, I've updated the Subscriptions page to reflect this.

As I understand it, PayPal accepts several international currencies and will convert the price for you accordingly.

Hi Tony

I'm sure the bandwidth usage on TONMO is enormous, especially after the colossal squid news. I always wonder how friends with popular blogs or elaborate websites keep going, so I'm happy to subscribe to help defray costs. It's still a lot less than New Scientist and more focused on my fetish. There's that f-word, Clem!

Melissa

Hi -- just responded to your email on this subject... the answer for all reading is that you can just pay through PayPal and then cancel your subscription -- I'll track it and then "downgrade you" after one year.

Checks are accepted as well, just email me for details.

well you can cancel in a day and you can rely on my pudding-like memory to make sure you are "downgraded"...

or... you can just let your subscription renew... never a bad thing to support TONMO.com, is it? :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back