• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ammonia levels help

my tank has been set up for about 2 and 1/2 months now and theer are some fish and live rock in. and this is the second itme the ammonia level spiked on me. i know it iwll once after it gets cycled the first time but the seconds one was kind of a suprise. well any input would help. i did a water change and that helped al ittle but i was wondering if there are and plants or special media i should use in my filters to help. well i hope someone can fill me in on some poeinter. because i want the tank to be perfect for my octo when i get him. by the way it is the 150 gallon octo tank on the gallerie page. also input on that pic wouldbe great to.
take it easy everyone

greg :confused:

Did you loose any of your animals? It's good you did a water change. What type of filtration do you have? How often are you feeding and how much? Could still be going through the cycle as it's still relatively new. I would keep monitering the levels and possibly do another waterchange, but it could be it's still cycling. I am sure the experts will have more info for you!!! Good luck!!!

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back