• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

am I to busy?

aristocat

Cuttlefish
Registered
hello everyone. I was wondering. I am very busy in the winter would a cuttlefish survive without attention until late affternoon? could I flood feed it while I'm away on one week vacations?:read:

By flood feed it, do you mean like put a ton of food in it for like a week so it doesn't go hungry? I'm not sure if that would work, but I really dunno.

I know there has been some problem with flood feeding bandensis but I don't remember if it's adults or only juveniles. Here's one thread:

feeding question

In general, questions like this often have the answer "if it sounds like a risky idea, we don't recommend you do it." Is it theoretically possible for a cuttle to live in a tank for a week? Sure. Is it responsible pet ownership? Not really. What if there is a blackout? A pump failure? A leak? Some large thing on your live rock dies and a water change is needed?

I'd say you should plan to find a knowledgeable cuttle-sitter to check in on your pet once a day, or similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back