• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

ALIENS OF THE DEEP, film on CEPHALOPODS FOR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNELS WILD

Thanks for the reply. Amongst the 1000+ cuttlefish on that location for 15 days , it was the only ones involved in such a cannibalistic behavior. What surprises me is that they don't seem to be interested in eating during the mating season... and that they will die anyway in few weeks time. But... as some males are much much larger that other ones, I am wondering if, like some Atlantic salmon, some are living longer than other ones, and return to the feeding grounds after mating. Any ideas ?

Well, I also had some sneaker male who tried every possible camouflage and threats, but could not access the female...

... and met a terrible end.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctoLover35

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak