• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

A Couple of LIGHTING questions

You could move the power compacts off of the top of the tank by using ceiling hooks and suspending them from your ceiling...if you get them about 16" off of the top of the water, they won't have any effect on your tank temp. Many of the power compacts also come with acrylic stands to hold them away from the tank...did yours?
Re: fluorescents...I meant just buy a regular fl. fixture to replace the pc's with...you could use them on your new reef tank! What??? You haven't gotten another tank yet???? :lol: Don't worry...it is an addiction...I started with a couple of tanks, and now I have rooms of them! Thank god my wife likes the sound of running water!
Greg

Regular 48" flourescent fixtures are less than 8 bucks at home depot. That's really all you need for a cephalopod. Cheers, Jimbo

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back