• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

A Chiller

SUCCESS!! IT WORKED!! I bought a small air conditioner for $100 (with a remote- very neat, and supposedly it's only $35/year to run it) and my boyfriend put it in the window and we cranked it up. With it blowing on the back of the tank all night, I woke up this morning and the tank went from 74 to 69 degrees- yae!! I was told not to put a tank in front of a window, but I did it anyway because I had no other good place. Now, that decision has saved me a lot of money. From now on, I will always put tanks in front of windows I think....But man that room is COLD!!! I do a lot of artwork in there, and I'll be working in sweaters and socks for sure-ha!!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Even in Arizona I keep my tanks in front of the windows...I kind of think that the fish and cephs like to look out from time to time at passerby and cars, etc...hey, at least they aren't bored! Good for you Girlfish! I hope that bimac has a long happy life ahead!
Greg

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lryan

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak