A Big Hello To All

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
My name is Greg Barord and I currently reside in Galveston, TX, with miles of public beaches all around. I grew up in Phoenix, AZ where all I could think about was the giant squid. Since the likelihood of finding a giant squid was quite slim in Phoenix, all I could do was read and watch. I decided to become an Aggie and enroll at Texas A&M University @ Galveston as a Marine Biology major. After a grueling 4.5 years, I was awarded my BS in Marine Biology and a Minor in Chemistry.
I started working at the National Resource Center for Cephalopods about 5 years ago which has been very rewarding. I am in the process of having two scientific papers published very soon and hope that more success will follow. I began working at the Aquarium @ Moody Gardens in the Quarantine Facility performing treatments, necropsies, and the occasional experiment here and there. It has not all been marine for me; my Summer job back in phoenix was carpentry for 7 years, which although it was quite hot I really loved. I also spent a summer in Alaska working at a sockeye salmon hatchery. Two very different temperature extremes but both rewarding.
I come to TONMO to share by experience and also to learn as much as I can from everyone else. I look forward to conversing with each and every one of you in the future.
Maybe I will learn how to use all of those fancy icons and smiley faces:twisted: ...hope that was the right one.

Hi, and welcome to TONMO.com :smile:

I spent some time in Galveston and Moody gardens! Great place :smile:

cheers
Colin

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the site!

(Greg is the co-author of the nautilus article in the June issue of TFH, and we're glad to have him abord!)

I'm a big fan of Galveston and its miles of beaches, as well as Moody Gardens and the NRCC. Nice place to live (except for those hurricanes!) Fortunately, it's within reach of Dallas.

Looks like this is going to be a big cuttle year for Ceph Care, so should be quite interesting.

Nancy

gjbarord;94700 said:
Maybe I will learn how to use all of those fancy icons and smiley faces:twisted: ...hope that was the right one.

I think I said :welcome: in the other thread, but I can say it again. I'm not sure about :twisted:, sometimes Tintenfisch gets a bit possessive over that one...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back