5 week old Imahogg

Alicia

Blue Ring
Registered
I have great news!!! Yesterday Imahogg ate frozen food for the first time! Wahoo. I'm so excited because these mysid shrimp are costing me an arm and a leg. Also, since she's grown so much I was really thinking she could use an addition to her diet.

I'm finally adding some photos of her here. Notice in one of the photos her brown stripes (they're a new coloration) and the size difference of the mysid shrimp along side her.

Imahogg's 5 weeks and 3 days old in the following photos.

I'm in love!!!Imahog is soooo cute!!!! And I can see the difference in coloration and love the eyeshadow!!! 5 wks!! Wow!!! Have you thought about different housing arrangements yet? Is he still in the little container? When I got Lil Pumpkin I had set up a little 5 gal inside of a 29 gal with one of those little bubble filters, meant for a goldfish but only had charcoal and a sponge in it. Anyway that kept the water circulating great and Lil P did wonderfully in it till he out grew it. Just a thought!!

Carol

Imahogg's mantle is the size of the pink on my pinky finger nail.

Carol, I have considered and plan on using a larger container in the future. As for now Imahogg's still in the original container. It's about 4" by 1.5ish". Although he's grown a lot he's still pretty small and I fear may not find food in a larger container yet.

Imahog is really growing and looking good! Interesting to see the changes. So glad she's survived! Has it been a lot of work taking care of such a small octopus?

That's really early for your little briareus to take frozen food - very fortunate for you Have you tried amphipods as well as mysid shrimp for live feeding?

We appreciate these reports - I was wondering about Imahog today.

Nancy

It has been a lot of work but definitaly more stress, worry, and money.

I've learned a lot and now I have a much better idea of what to expect and do if this ever happens again. It's been quite an experience!

That's really early for your little briareus to take frozen food - very fortunate for you Have you tried amphipods as well as mysid shrimp for live feeding?

Sure have. Mysids seem to be Imahogg's favorite though. I'm just thrilled that he accepted frozen. It's much less expensive.

(I've gone through a couple $100s on food for this little guy. Granted, Imahogg shared some of that expense with the original others, but that price is wholesale!) :goofysca: :bonk: :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back