• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

30 gallon tank

Welcome to Tonmo!!! Sure, a 30 can house many types of dwarf octos...the only trouble is, no one is captive breeding them at the moment, so you have them for brief periods...a 55 can hold a bimac for its lifespan, that is why we push that size tank so hard...do you already have a 30?
Glad you found us,
greg

Besides dwarfs :smile: forgot to put that
no i don't already have the 30 i was just thinking cause its cheaper and it seemed like a decent size for 1 oc

Unfortunately, no. There are no(at least that I know of) non-dwarf octos that can go in a 30g. I know, I've looked! (I have one) Jim at octopets might be getting aquacultured Rossia pacifica and Sepia bandensis soon, though. (still waiting for a reply email from him)

I have found a fifty gallon to be a good size for an octo tank from the standpoint of maintenance (provided you don't have a bimac who grows extra large, like mine did- could have used a bigger tank, but we made do!).

A ten percent water change is one of the five gallon jugs that the LFS sells, and this quantity of water fits nicely into the big empty 7 gallon salt buckets. It's about the limit of what I can carry around. A larger tank, and I'd be using more jugs of water, more salt buckets, etc. Taking care of my 19 gallon invertebrate tank seems to be almost as much work.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back