• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

3 new cuttle fish HELP 2 sluggish other one better but still a little slow

Mysid are very small and the only consistent food members have been able to use to get new hatchlings to eat. Keeping new hatchlings alive is rather expensive and a primary reason they are so seldom kept for more than one generation. Keeping the mysids alive is part of the issue. I use (Paul Sachs, Aquaculture Store for several of his food inverts but there are a couple of online offerings.

I think I recall someone having luck getting amphipods from local reefers by shaking out their refugium Chaeto. There are several places that will overnight live mysis. They can be kept in a 20G long with a heater.

oh, BTW, yes, the hatchlings will go after amphipods. I fed my cuttles amphiodws from my fliter socks. But mysis were best. When they got bigger I fed them Palaemonetes vulgaris from livebrineshrimp.com.

Sorry for my late reply.

The bandensis in this vid are prolly 2 months old - surely over a month. Sorry for that confusion. Amphipods or mysis are really it. Amphipods are harder because they are harder to catch for the cuttle, but cheaper than mysis which are easier to catch but more expensive than amphipods.

Here is place you can order amphipods from Amphipods & Copepods - 1000

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back