• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

28 gallon nano with hqi

Leigh

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Okay, I wanted to know what you guys think about the 28 gallon jbj nano cube with the hqi lighting for a dwarf octo? I have a 50 gallon with a bimac currently and have had this jbj with the hqi lighting in it for awhile but I am bored with the fish keeping and wanted to know if any of you have tried this with a octo? I have a chiller in it already with VERY few corals and I was considering putting a dwarf in it or possibly a baby bimac until mine dies then move him to the 50 gallon. I think this may be way to much lighting but wanted to know what you think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely too much light. More than likely any dwarf you'd find (assuming you're in the USA) would be O. mercatoris and those won't even tolerate an 18 watt fluorescent bulb, much less a halide.

I wouldn't go with the baby bimac either, as it may grow faster than you expect and need to be moved sooner than your other tank will be available.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I wonder if there is anyway to change the hqi lighting over to a red light and be able to still use the moonlights with it? I also have one extra 28 gallon hqi but without the remote ballast that needs the back reglued where the plastic divider goes, I thought about doing it with a dwarf but wasn't sure how to change the lights over or who offered a different light (just the light system).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back