2 O.Mercatoris

I lost Zuzu a few days ago. I put off posting because I just didn't want to. It can be so frustrating when I loose one. I haven't been able to get another, Tom just hasn't gotten any so I will be content to enjoy Ollie. He is still doing wonderfully. I have not seen him out and about for a long while. We still interact nightly when I feed him. He grabs my hand (the one with the feeding stick) and now I can touch the top of his arms, this used to frighten him and he'd release immediately. I am sad but pretty much over the dwarfs, for now anyway :sad:

Thank you all for your warm comments.
D, I knew you'd understand. I lost a very expensive red mini carpet anemone today but my rose bubble tip split. (the one with your name on it) So everything (almost) evens out huh?

I did not know carpets came in red, it must have been stunning. I have wanted to keep a carpet and can easily get a common (not the mini) but my small species tanks are always occupied with something totally incompatible and the small tanks seem to be quite long lived around here. Glad Rosey split 'cause when I get the opportunity to retrieve her, you will still have too many :shock: How do they do with other nems and how close to the light do they need to be? Still no sniff of a job but I can ask questions :hmm:

Since this is my thread I will show you some photos. I do not keep different species in the same tank, all seperate. The mini and maxi mini capet anemones are a real hot item right now, ha ha, have been for years and are very $$ and hard to find.
Here is a red mini
justbeforelightsout.jpg

and my new favorite, delivered today
blue1.jpg

Sorry D, forgot to answer the light question. Mine are near the top of the rockwork under T5s, they are about 8" from the surface. All are a goregous deep red color, and lovley bubbled tips so I am thinking this placemnt is ideal. I am so glad I kept them, they were my first love, the reason I got into saltwater in the first place. It is the anit-octopus (loss vs. gain) I need.

That red would be something else in a full sized version! I wonder what gives them that color, I know that internal bacteria/algae can be part of coloration but flower anemones vary widely in their coloration. Perhaps they can host different algaes but they never seem to change color, just be brighter or duller.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back