• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

150 gallon tank, Any Suggestions?

Wait, I want bigger, I am going to buy an even larger tank and make the stand, probably about 100 gallons. I already have the design in my head.

I need to know what would be good for a 100 gallon and what size sump would I need.

And the 65 is going to be a food tank for picky puffers that I have. They refuse to eat frozen silversides. They are used to live brine shrimp from the store. The bigger one is nipping at the other.

chaostheory;130725 said:
we had that problem in the 75 a couple of months ago and we took care of it the same way and it hasn't come back.

Oh, and my mom decided that she wants to dismantle the 75 and put everything in the 150 so I am back to square 1.

I have a 65 gallon tank, and I am going to build a stand for it. This is probably for the better because I'll save money on the rocks and sand and I'll be able to put that money into a new stand. I'll be able to make the stand myself. The creative juices are already flowing.

It's a never ending issue as AM said because silica based sediment is formed from diatoms and radiolarians. Calcium carbonate is just limestone or aragonite.

usually you can find live rock for ~$2-3 a pound from people dismantling their tank. i've never spent more than $3 a pound doing it this way. you just have to be patient.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back